Sunday, May 3, 2009

may 3 : Daniel 9

"Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. Give ear, O God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name."
Daniel is a man known for his wisdom, obedience, and prayer. Its so amazing to see a man this righteous and holy. He was an ordinary man with unordinary faith. In this passage we see that Daniel basically saw God's wrath on Judah and Israel. He saw that God would wipe out much of it to cleanse the land of filth and sin. Daniel knew this, so he prayed. He fasted, dressed in sackcloth, and prayed for God's wrath to be small. He prayed for his entire country. To my amazement and probably to Daniel's also, God listened. He listened to a prayer that was prayed on behalf of his nation. The nation did not even support his prayer. It was a prayer from the heart of Daniel. I can't remember the last time I prayed with faith like that. I pray for the nation once in a while, but I must admit that it is hard for me to believe even as I pray it that it will be answered. It just seems like such a big obstacle. But as it says in the book of James, "pray with faith". Lets have prayers like this guys. Lets see how far we can push our faith =]

No comments: